Spring is coming up and I’m ready to shed some layers and show off some fabulous reconstructed t-shirts. By starting with a t-shirt, most of the work is done for you. All that’s left is to make it unique and perfectly fitted to your style.
Here are some great tutorials that I’ve found (in no particular order). Follow along with one of these or get creative and design your own. Either way, you’ll be comfortable and stylish and that’s pretty much the sweetest thing.
By the way, I couldn’t help but mix in some neat non-clothing items made from t-shirts. They were too creative and useful to leave out.
1. Anthropologie Shirt – Whatever DeeDee Wants
2. Petal Tees – Ruffles & Stuff
3. Pratia Tank – Made by Lex
4. Dolman Tee – Trash to Couture
5. Ruffle Shirt – Tea Rose Home
6. Random Ruffles Skirt – Analog Me
7. Emma Pillsbury T-shirt – iCandy Handmade
8. DIY Knotted Tee – Welcome to the gOOd life
9. The Shirt Skirt – Sew Like My Mom
10. Striped and Ruffled Rose Tank – Adventures in Dressmaking
11. Refashioned T-Shirt – Sew What’s Happening?
12. Ruffled Tee – All Things Heart and Home
13. Sheer Lace Shoulders – Ali Foster Patterns
14. A Dress from a Shirt – Cubic Dreams
15. Bow Back Blouse – Transient Expression
16. Jersey Necklace – I Still Love You
17. Easy Knit Produce Bags – delia creates
18. Big Ugly Shirt Refashioned into Maternity – I Make Stuff
19. Long Sleeve Shirt Refashion – Happy Together
20. Refashioned T-shirt – Sew What’s Happening?
21. Jersey Romper – Made by Lex
22. Triple Treat- Style Wilderness
23. One Shoulder Tank- Go Green Blog
24. Baby Bibs – Better Life Bags
25. Roses and Ruffles – Happy Together
Be sure to check out some of my other free sewing tutorial roundups: